Great Wass Island Preserve is managed by a
local voluteer stewardship committee and a
part-time seasonal caretaker. Still, we need your
help to maintain the delicate balance of the
island ecosystem. Please help us protect this
unique and special area by following these
few preserve guidelines. Thank you.
- The preserve is open to the public for
careful day use. Please sign in the
registration box in the parking lot.
- Camping and fires are not allowed.
- To avoid causing erosion and loss of vegetation,
please stay on the marked trails or on the rocks on the shore.
- Please respect private property to the west of the preserve;
the boundaries are shown on the map.
- Please leave pets behind.